Monday, January 22, 2007

Miss USA Second Chances: Tara Conner vs. Katie Rees

Miss USA Second Chances: Tara Conner vs. Katie Rees

Miss USA Nevada Katie Rees believes she should have received the same
type of second chance that the reigning Miss USA Tara Conner received
when she was offered a stint in rehab to get her life in order to
retain her crown. According to the New York Post, Katie doesn't even
recall the night she was snapped nude by a photographer in a 'Girls
Gone Wild' moment.

Besides, according to Katie, her transgression was long before winning
the title of Miss USA Nevada and the right to compete for Miss USA.

Miss USA Second Chances: Tara Conner (R) vs. Katie Rees (L)

She told entertainment television show Inside Edition, "That night, I
don't think I thought about much of anything, to be honest with you."
She claims that unlike Miss USA Tara Conner, she was unfairly treated
by the Miss Universe Organization, reports Page Six.

"These are things that I didn't do during my reign as Miss Nevada.
These are things that were done three years prior to knowing that I
would be a public figure . . . I deserved that title . . . I worked
hard for it. I don't see why these pictures change the person that I
was when I won it."

***

The decision sounds very final. Though pageant owner Donald Trump
wavered a bit, he said the pictures were just too much to allow her to
compete. Meanwhile Tara Conner has completed her stint in
rehabilitation.

She'll resume public appearances once she settles back into the city,
reports the New York Daily News. "Right now she's just going to get
used to being out," a source said. "She needs some time to breathe."

No comments: