Monday, January 22, 2007

Former Miss Nevada Katie Rees says 'I deserved that title'

Former Miss Nevada Katie Rees says 'I deserved that title'


Former Miss Nevada Katie Rees said she deserved the title and crown
she lost because of racy photos taken of her were snapped years
before.

"I deserved that title. I deserved to win that title," Rees told
"Inside Edition" in an interview scheduled to air Monday. "I don't see
why these pictures change the person that I was when I won it."

Rees, who won the state title last April, said the photos that cost
her her crown were pictures were of young girls "just being goofy and
celebrating" that pre-dated her reign as Miss Nevada. She was stripped
of her title and crown after the photos surfaced on several Web sites.

"We had a few drinks, which I don't condone, but we were just having a
good time," she said.

Rees said the Miss Universe Organization treated her unfairly, unlike
Miss USA Tara Conner, who kept her crown and was allowed to enter
rehab after admitting to underage drinking.

"These are things that were done three years prior to knowing that I
would be a public figure," she said.

Rees said she was asked to return her crown, banner and other
articles, which "got lost."

No comments: